BRING YOUR VOICE TO HEALTH CARE REGULATION IN BC
Who We Are
The BC Public Advisory Network (BC-PAN) brings the public voice and perspective to multiple health regulators in the province. Health regulators have a shared mandate to serve and protect the public by ensuring regulated health-care professionals are qualified and provide safe and ethical care.
The health regulators involved in the BC-PAN include the:
- BC College of Nursing Professionals
- College of Chiropractors of BC
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- College of Massage Therapists of BC
- College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- College of Opticians of BC
- College of Pharmacists of BC
- College of Physical Therapists of BC
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- College of Psychologists of BC
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC
The goal of the BC-PAN is to encourage more comprehensive and meaningful public engagement on important issues related to health-care regulation in BC. The public members are asked to provide their feedback on a variety of topics to help guide professional standards and policies, strategic priorities, and communications directed at the public.
Currently, there are eleven public members involved with the BC-PAN. The public members have varying levels of experience interacting with health-care professionals and were selected to represent the diversity of the BC population.
The BC-PAN has recently completed its pilot phase which consisted of two initial meetings. The ﬁrst meeting took place on September 25, 2019 and the second meeting took place on January 29, 2020. The BC-PAN is now planning for its next year of operation.
Joining the BC-PAN
The BC-PAN is currently accepting new members. If you are interested, please apply here.