BRING YOUR VOICE TO HEALTH CARE REGULATION IN BC
Who We Are
The BC Public Advisory Network (BC-PAN) brings the public voice and perspective to multiple health regulators in the province. Health regulators have a shared mandate to serve and protect the public by ensuring regulated health-care professionals are qualified and provide safe and ethical care.
The health regulators involved in the BC-PAN include the:
- BC College of Nurses and Midwives
- College of Chiropractors of BC
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- College of Massage Therapists of BC
- College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- College of Opticians of BC
- College of Pharmacists of BC
- College of Physical Therapists of BC
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
- College of Psychologists of BC
- College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC
The goal of the BC-PAN is to encourage more comprehensive and meaningful public engagement on important issues related to health-care regulation in BC. The public advisors are asked to provide their feedback on a variety of topics to help guide professional standards and policies, strategic priorities, and communications directed at the public.
Currently, there are sixteen public advisors involved with the BC-PAN. The public advisors have varying levels of experience interacting with health-care professionals and were selected to represent the diversity of the BC population.
BC-PAN recently completed its pilot phase and is now in its first year of operation, inclusive of three virtual meetings which are run by an external facilitator.
- September 25, 2019
- January 29, 2020
- September 30 & October 1, 2020
- November 23 & 24, 2020
- February 4 & 5, 2021
Joining the BC-PAN
The BC-PAN is currently accepting new members. If you are interested, please apply here.